This was my first TwitchCon though I have heard of it from their first announcement and my son went several years ago.
Then, even though I was streaming it wasn't that important to make the tip.
Now, with God Mode Activated and the large number of Twitchers I am follow, it was time to visit.
Several huge takeaways from TwitchCon 2019.
· TwitchCon is a Trade Show. Everyone needs to treat it as such to get the most out of it
· Need a plan as a community and as a streamer/content creator
· Debriefs – daily but if not daily then on the last day. It has to be part of the schedule
· AthenaScope: makes videos of your kills and compiles into a video with music so you don’t have to
· Game - Mistover: want small streamers to support with game keys
· Game - World of Tanks: already played; went to booth for stamp
· Game - PUBG Mobile: played it but lost. Jfreak came in second
· Game - Skyweaver: TCG; met Marcelo the community manager (from Madrid) and dev (from Seattle) who is interested in working with our size community wanting small streamers over large streamers
· Charity – VeteranGamer.net: Ron, army, cried/excited to meet us as a Christian gaming organization
· Charity – Stack Up: video game and nerd goodness to veterans and deployed troops
· Charity – To Write Love On Her Arms: mental health
· Panel – TwitchCon opening ceremony
· Game - MTG Arena: played and won a playmat. Tried to sign up but didn’t have my password
· Samson: headphones
· Game - Stream captain – Stream Raiders: game to play while streaming. Potential revenue by folks buying skins. Looking for streamers between viewers of 20 to 400.
· Steamer Support - AthenaScope: makes videos of your kills and compiles into a video with music so you don’t have to
· Hardware - PTZ Optics: expensive videos
· Hardware - Victrix: headset made from apache headsets; wireless in work
· Hardware - Lume Cube: portable lighting. Smaller lights for streamers
· Hardware - Hey There!: Green screen attached to the chair
· Revenue – CrowdQuest: Propose a quest, streamer accepts, credits transferred, streamer cashes out; QuestRewards as a way to monetize the stream
· Merch - Flocker: clothing with twitch extensions to provide discounts for subs and patreons members
· Merch – inked gaming: earn points for vouchers or 10% off orders
· Music - MyMy Music: chat can pick music and create playlists. R&B and Hip Hop now, more genres coming
· Panel – Wil Wheaton: mental health awareness
· Stream Support - LightStream: between OBS and Twitch to allow you to have others in your stream whether its their camera or twitch channel. Good or Hear Me Out or Pastors After Dark
· Steam Support - Medal: Play a game, Press a button, get a clip
· Merch - Designs By Humans: merch; open your own store; ambassador program to earn
· Charity – Heart Support: Mental health
· Hardware – Victrix: gaming headsets based on apache helicopter pilot headsets that help vent air, easy to clean, steel and aluminum